<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Arriving in Melbourne

Anyway, after we leave Lorne ( and one of us who was travelling with us stayed in Lorne) we move onto Melbourne.

Along the way, we stop at Bells Beach, it's home to one of Ripcurl Pro World Championship Surfing competition and the event was due to take place the coming weekend. It's also the place where Point Break ( starring Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves) was shot.

We get into Melbourne at about 12ish.

I had already booked a bed at Greenhouse backpackers and some of us were going to stay there too. A few more decided to join us and stay at Greenhouse... so we essentially had a bang there as well ^^

Checked in and off I went out again with Aurelie. She'd been in Melbourne before and so she was kinda showing me around the City. I'm going to meet up with my friends in Melbourne on Friday and I have 2 day trips going on Wednesday and Thursday, so this is a good orientation plus sightseeing opportunity.

I'd say I really like the free transport they seem to have in major Australian cities. You can take a free tram and go around the entire Melbourne city.

Rest of the day was mainly walking. We got back to the hostel in time for the free dinner on Tuesdays. As the weather wasn't too good, it was pasta instead of BBQ. Oh well, maybe the BBQ would have been all beef.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?