<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Nothing like Own Cooked Food

Well, I got around to cooking my own food, finally. My very first meal whipped up in Adelaide is......... BOMBAY TOAST!!! Well, the rest of you will know of it as French Toast, but I first learnt it as Bombay Toast in the Home Econs Textbook.

That was yesterday, then I decided to cook some rice last night so that I can have friend rice to day. I thought I'd be really clever and use the pot to boil the rice instead of the rice cooker.... well, the rice turned oout all right but I had to wash the darn pot for about 20 mins!! That was a seriously bad idea.

Went all the way down North Terrace yesterday and someone from the unit I was attached to drove me out to Windy Point and Glenelg Bay later in the night. North Terrace is great for architecture and statues and memorials. Took quite a number of photos there, but not sure if they'll turn out ok. Will have to wait till I am back in Singapore to upload them.

Wanted to stay in today, but decided to go down to Old Noarlunga. Took a train down to Noarlunga Centre, the place was like deserted. Some scary stuff man. Anyway managed to figure out what bus to take, and I ended up doing a round trip on the bus instead of getting off at Old Noarlunga. It's a huge suburban area and I thought it'd be nice to see everything else on the bus instead.

After the bus ride, I caught the train back to Adelaide City. Total transportation fees for the trip = AUD$7. An Adelaide Metro ticket is AUD$3.50 but you can get on any other Adelaide Metro transportation within 2 hours of validating that ticket. So, I only bought 2 tickets for 3 rides.

Got back to hostel and cooked myself that fried rice. Turned out to be like salted fish fried rice without the salted fish ^^. Fish sauce really does wonders.

Today it rained in Adelaide. I had to walk in the drizzle to get to this internet cafe. I kinda enjoyed it though.

Till next time. Ciao!

3 Adorations
Comments:
not bad eh... go to Adelaide for course... can also pick up some cooking lessons!

anyways, spug's still down - even after 1 week of troubleshooting by the mods, I think... *sigh*

no EPL to place predictions.. *lagi sigh* lol
 
Did the HDD simply die? Do they need to replace it or something? Well, I am starting to miss Singapore food. I guess it's the one thing all Singaporeans actually really care about^^ The food.
 
To Michael: Have you ever had fish sauce before? You really should try it in larger amounts in the fried rice ^^. It helps alot when you don't have much else to put into the rice. =)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?