<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Jet Lagged All Week

Adelaide is only a 2 and a half hour time difference from singapore but I have been feeling jet lagged all week. Constantly sleepy. Actually, when I put some thought into it, I think it's the extreme low humidity that's making my eyes extremely dry and tired all the time. It's kind hard to wake up in the morning but I'm getting it. I suppose by the time I need to leave Adelaide I should be able to wake up at 0645hrs. Hahahahaha!!

First things first, let's talk about stuff that is close to every true blue Singaporeans' heart. FOOD. My first meal in Adelaide was MacDonald's. After that it was KFC and some other random crap. In general, I'm not too fond of the food here. I had some Hokkien Nookdles from a shop called Noodle Box here. It's supposed to be this chain noodle store that's rather popular I think. Well, let's just say that the Hokkien Noodles tasted more like Teochew Soy Sauce noodles. It also looked suspiciously Vietnamese in style. It had a tonne of vegetables in it. The noodles cost me about AUD10 per box.

Average price for food around here is about 6-10 bucks, it seems. So if you want to eat on the cheap, you have got to cook your way. The hostel provides kitchen facilities, but you got to have your own utensils.

The internet at the hostel is $4/hr, but it doesn;t allow the usage of cookies, which means that I cannot update my blog there. So I have to walk all the way (well, 3/4 of the way) across Adelaide City to get to Chinatown and use the internet here. In between there are a couple of internet cafes but they look kinda dodgy.. and I figured might as well let Chinese earn the money huh? I've also discovered that I don't seem to hit a word limit here while posting, as can be evidenced by my last post. I used to always have to break my longer posts up into parts, but it seems that I now can post long grandmother stories all in the same post.

I had Hainan Chicken Rice for dinner. First proper meal since I've been here, my mum would say. Unless you count KFC and MacDonald's. I'd just say that I miss Chicken Rice in Singapore. Man, Singapore really has some wicked food offerings. Oh and the Chicken rice cos me about AUD6.80 and a can of coke at AUD2. Pfft.

Anyway, I've got to plan what to do for the coming Public Holiday on Monday! I think I will go down to Glenelg Bay on Sunday. Adelaide Festival of Arts, Adelaide Fringe Festival and WOMADelaide will ALL be going on, so it's kinda crazy in town with all the performances in Rundle Mall and Botanic Gardens at the moment. Botanic Gardens is just next to where I stay.. but WOMADelaide is pretty expensive so I probably will give it a miss.

Well, till the next time I shell out $5 for internet.

3 Adorations
Comments:
That is a good question.

I'm here in Adelaide for the Hyperbaric Nursing Course. I've been told that I will be sent for this course since 2001. So now I'm finally here.

The bad part is, the internet at the hostel where I stay does not allow cookies so I cannot update my blog here. How dumb.
 
What does Hyperbaric mean? Does it indicate a higher level of barbarism?

:)

Enjoy yout stay there, silverelf
 
To Michael: I will be in Adelaide for the course until 31st of March, then after that I will leave on the 8th. Thinking of going to Tasmania in betwween, but I am afraid that it will be really cold.

To Cornball: Look it up in Google.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?