<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Down in Adelaide

All right, I've arrived in Adelaide and am now posting from an LAN shop. Took the 2245hrs Qantas flight from Changi, had a stopover at Darwin at 0450ish Darwin time (0320ish Singapore Time). I think I can actually recognise the transit area from the last time I was here in 2001.

Got into Adelaide at about 1050 Adelaide time. Adelaide is at GMT + 10.5 hrs. We had to wait for the quarantine peopl eto come onto the plane because there was a sick person on the plane and you guys all know about Australia and their quarantine rules.

After we were cleared to leave the plane, I waited about 30-40 mins to get clear customs (passport part). They asked questions like "Have you read all the questions?"

"Did you understand the questions?"

Apparently one of the customs officer wasn't too pleased with one of the Taiwanese visitor as she wasn't acting too polite to her and was in fact rather rude. However, that could probably be attributed to the fact that the Taiwanese visitor got into queue for OZ/NZ passports only.

Then it was off to clear the customs for luggage. The customs guy (looked Indian) asked me if I had any food and acted incredulous when I confirmed that I had none.

"No Nasi Lemak or Bah Kut Teh?" he asked.

"No lah, wait kena catch" I replied.

Funny guy. ^^

Anyways, caught a cab to the Hospital Residential Wing. AUD 21.20 for the ride, thank goodness this ride is reimbursed by Ah Gong. The room is small, with a dressing table/window ledge, bed and wardrobe. I have not figured out if they have any ventilation system in the room. Maybe it's just spoilt. AUD 17.60 / night. I guess you can;t for that much after all

Toilet facilites are coed. There's a kitchen available and I have not found the laundry yet.

Was too sleepy so I went to sleep. woke up at about 1700hrs local time and rushed to find food. Remember that shops here close early!! Ate some MacDonald's as that was about the only stuff I could find. Then I continued gallivanting.. until I found CHINATOWN... where restaurants are still open and you don't have to worry about no dinner. Heh. Good ole Chinatown. What a life saver. I'm full for today, though I went into a grocery to buy some snacks for supper tonight.

On a side note, on my way to the Airport last night, I discovered that I had forgotten to harvest my plants in FFXI. I had attempted to wait for a full moon and ended up forgetting about it totally. That's 2.7 Million Gil gone down the drain. I never had 2.7 Million Gil you know. That's so sad. Could have gotten a new piece of important equipment with that. 1 month of gardening gone down the drain.

I'm at a LAN shop and I don't think they have FFXI. That's even sadder.

Bye now.


6 Adorations
Comments:
Adelaide's nice place?

post some pics to look-see k?

guess what? Spug's down. understand it's caused by HDD crashed.

btw, when are you coming back??
 
Yeah was on the day Spug went down. I guess Spug is too sad to see me go... hahahaha.

Anyways, Adelaide is pretty much a university town. I reckon the people here are mostly retirees and uni students. You see alot of asians here. I should figure that the racial tolerance here would be very high, given that at least 50% of the population here seems to be from out of town.

I'm coming back on the 8th of April. Don't hold your breath.
 
Back only on 8 Apr? My goodness! You're clearing ALL your accumulated time-offs, leaves, etc. all at one go?? lol

You're accessing the net from Internet Cafes? Able to post pics of Adelaide from such places??
 
Back only on 8 Apr? My goodness! You're clearing ALL your accumulated time-offs, leaves, etc. all at one go?? lol

You're accessing the net from Internet Cafes? Able to post pics of Adelaide from such places??
 
Nope, I'm only taking 5 days worth of leave ^^

I am currently using $5/hr internet access. I actually have internet access for $4/hr in the hostel wqhere I am staying at, but that does not allow me t ohave cookies on the computer so I cannot go onto blog to update it.

As for pics, I don't have much yet. I might have to wait till I am back in Singapore and get all my stuff sorted out first before I can post anything. Not sure if i get any good stuff anyway.
 
gd'day mate!

no worries abt the pics... upload it only when you've the time or have any 'good stuff' to post.. lol

you're only sent for a course in 2006 when you were told of it in 2001?? testing your patience? lol
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?