<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 17, 2006

Plagiarisation, That's an Affirmative.

Oooh. I was so looking forward to getting home today to post this!! Was rather pissed when I saw the poster that I mentioned in yesterday's post.

The photos were not mine (obviously).

The text..... apart from a name change and a date change it was 95% my stuff. Yes, they added a couple of sentence in a certain paragraph but I sure can recognise MY WORK since they included a sentence I had purposefully planted for my oral presentation!

What made me most upset was that they placed their unit logo at the bottom of it. If they used our formation logo... I may not have been that upset. Well, as a consolation, the person in question did not put a name to the poster. OOh... but the unit logo thing is enough.

I'm telling ya, it was really like in an anime, when I saw the unit name at the bottom, I could literally see zaps passing in front of my eyes... I guess I must have been watching too much anime.

Anyway, I mentioned to my colleague why they hardly amended anything and the answer was: "We did have that too!" So, I had to flat out say that they copied my work. Immediate silence.

However, since we're colleagues, I had to put it behind me... sigh. This person in question is pretty nice to me usually.... but I"m just upset by this as this particular presentation means alot to me. I got some really good comments over it last year when I presented it. So how do you think I feel when I saw the plagiarisation? And when you get a couple of dolts who tell you it's ok, it doesn't matter....... I tell you it makes me angrier then anything else. I rather you shut the hell up rather then give this kind of low IQ comments.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?