<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Internet Interruptions

Well, my internet has been having some connection problems recently. I have yet to pinpoint the problem. Just the other day, I called up Singnet Technical Helpdesk, and after some fiddling, the technician (he sure doesn't sound like he's sure of what's he's saying) told me my modem is fine and I probably need a line check. I asked him what a line check entails, but, apart from telling me that a line check would cost me $20, he was unable to provide further info.

At this point in time, I am unconvinced that a line check will solve my problems. Sometimes it doesn't connect and the modem tells me that my DSL connection is down. Well, that does sound like a line problem.. but what if it's the modem's fault? I don't know, can a line suddenly be spoilt and then ok again? I guess it could, but like I said, that fellow was VERY unconvincing. I will be calling in to Singnet another time and see what answers I get this time.

I'm sure we all know how different answers can pop up all the time and technical need not be the gospel truth all the time.

Also, this morning, there were some street evangelists. I am not sure which religion they are from but I have my suspicions (and no, my suspicions do not include Christianity so don;t think so much). Haven't they heard that Street Evangelism is passe? Anyway, they claimed that they 'have all religions' and I told them :" So you should be happy for me that I am in my religion". These bunch of amateurs. Easy to get rid of.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?