<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Mum's had a fracture.

Well. My mum fell and fractured her right Radial/Ulna a few days back. She was throwing rubbish away in the Rubbish Dump when she slipped and fell on teh very slippery and greasy floor. She called me when I was conducting tests for people (and interestingly enoughm, the scenario that I was giving was also a fracture heheh) and asked me what to do. I said :"err.. go see doctor lah." I told her to go to the clinic first before going to the hospital in case it was very painful and I figured that they might do some preliminary securing of the fracture. However, given what they did for my dad when he had his heart attack, I doubted that they would do anything much anyway.

To make a long story short, my mum was told to go to AH (supposedly faster then TTSH) and she finally had a cast done and we left AH sometime between 2300 and 0000 hrs. So much for AH being faster, heh.

She'd take about 3 months to recover and till then she will not be able to tend to her stall. So we've gone to see the MP (thanks to Cornball for that reminder, not sure if my mum was planning to do that) and hopefully the rent and various charges will be waived for the period which my mum will not be able to sell stuff. My mum was particularly insistent that the refuse charges (Sembwaste Pte Ltd) must not be left out cos it was the lack of maintenance in there that caused her to be injured. Well, hopefully the recovery will be without incident. And I wish she'd stop cooking!!!

4 Adorations
Comments:
Hope that she recover good and fast.
 
Wish her a speedy recovery. :D
 
Thank you very much!! She is now happily enjoying herself at home. Now, waiting for her bones to knit sufficiently.... else it's still painful when there is a sudden movement in the wrong direction.
 
hey elfy, wish a speedy recovery for your mum, eh! Take care!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?