<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Temptation....

The recent promos from Singnet are really getting very good... at least in my opinion. Last month they had the LCD monitor+DVD recorder+wireless modem package for their lastest 10mbps and 25mbps plans. Of course, you had to sign a 24 month contract.

Just when I thought it could not get any better, the latest promo is an Apple 12" iBook 1.33Ghz Power PC G4 and a Thomson Speedtouch585 ADSL2 + integrated wireless modem. SHOCKING! I never thought Singnet would come up with such deals, it really makes signing up for the 10mbps plan extremely inviting. The thing is you have to sign a 36 months contract for this package, but I never want to change my email anyway... so I am unlikely to change providers.

Now to rationalise things a bit.

Pro of upgrading:
Improved upload speeds - less lag for online gaming and *ahem* file sharing. I doubt the file sharing will improve much, but if it improves my gaming, I am going for this.

Appli iBook - self explanatory. I don't even have to go and buy one myself. It's FREE. I'm not an Apple fan, but I could use a laptop that's FREE. Well, I'm paying for it, but it just feels good :Þ

Con of upgrading:
Increased subscription fee.

The increased bandwith and uploading speeds may not be up to expectations. This would majorly gimp my game as I would then be stuck with a 3 year contract of increased subscriptions on something that DID NOT improve my game.

So, to take the plunge or not to? Dang it.

Currently I am paying about $47.25/month for my 512kbps connection. It will then be a increase of $40.75 for this new subscription.
However! I have checked the current selling price for that iBook ( I checked on Apple.com.sg lah, so maybe a bit overpriced? I dunno much about Apple) and it's priced at $1788. Divide that by 36 months and I get $49.67/month. So technically, if I were to buy the iBook on a 36 months installment, it's still a good deal to get it from Singnet (Plus the added speed)

However, at the end of the day, there is still this little thing called, I never needed all those stuff to begin with.

Ah the headache.

8 Adorations
Comments:
Really tempting. Too bad my contract with Singnet ends in Dec.

But u might wanna check to see what is the ibook config. Scally is older model. Then lugi liao
 
I checked with Apple website and my friend who uses Apple. Apparently, contrary to what I believed, it's a pretty new model. Just smaller screen, but that just means higher portability eh?
 
The other thing you need to consider is when can the iBook be delivered?? Must wait for weeks? Plus got arrangements for extended warranty or not??

Too bad, my contract wont end until Dec - like dk... Sure hope they'll even offer a free PB come Dec.
 
Hey, beaver you can check with singnet, I think dk called and managed to get them to offer the promo to him. I think it was him lah.

Anyway, I didn't check the warranty stuff... but I think I have to go and collect the iBook myself as it says via Voucher redemption.
 
No leh. Wasn't me.
very tempting, but don't want lah. Must control my spending.... :lol:
 
Ha, if only they'd offer PBs. I'd surely grab the offer! At present, I'm kinda happy with my 1500kbps wireless connection. The question is, do I really need the increase in connection speed??
 
If they offer PBs...... I think 50% of singapore will be jumping on Singnet.

All I want to know is can it handle Image post processing? cos if can then I will use it to post process my photos.

There is no NEED, it is always a want^^
 
Aiya, so even you upgraded to 10mbps!

Think I'll call up Singnet to check on my contract... but I'm very much in the consideration stage... lol
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?