<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Fireworks festival 2005!!

First thing today, I went to pass a beret and tunics to my friend who is currently on Paramedic level III course. Oh memories^^

Next went to a buffet lunch treat by my friends, one is leaving Singapore to study in UK and the other is having her birthday on the 20th of August. Accompanied them to PS after the meal, where they were supposed to catch a show... and whaddaya know? Along the way, my friend who was driving us there put on the "Jit Pa Ban" song introduced in my previous post!!!

Anyway, headed to the arcade at PS and had quite a bit of fun playing Percussion Master and and nicknaming someone 小P. Hahaha!! Very 乱马 hor?

By the time my friends went into the cinema, it was time to head off to the Fireworks Venue... YES!!! Fireworks Festival 2005 is ON! I am very curious how they can theme the firworks by country, as they had stated that today's fireworks is "Portuguese Theme" Maybe music? I had not recce'd the place, so I met up with my friend at the library@ esplanade and we headed off to find the fireworks venue... my god we were on the wrong side of Marina Bay. Never fear! We managed to find out way across, and to make a long story short, I managed to find the venue where they would fire the goodies.

We camped in front of the fireworks.... and I hoped to hear the music it was supposed to be choreographed with ( theme to country... how???? ) but alas, it was not to be. The area I was in had sufficiently Latin music though, so I guess it was not a total loss. And if you ever see a dance club called blackjack, stay out of it, I bet their sound system is lousy.

As we waited, my friend was mildly irritated by a family who made themselves comfortable in front of her... I was ok with it, but then when Papa Smurf decided to stare at my camera while I was setting it up, I decided to take a shot of him. Here he is, but I am not very good in low light photography and it was getting to be twilight anyway.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Fireworks themselves are MUCH better then the usual fare we get at NDP. At least they are spaced out well enough for you to get shots in, if you knew what you were doing. Unfortunately, I guess I DIDN'T know what I was doing, so I ended up with a series of shots marginally better then the Previews, but none are outstanding. ; ; sob sob. What a waste of a perfectly well choreographed display as opposed to the diarrhea we had for the Preview.

This is like the best shot out of all... so you can see the standard of my shots are HORRIBLE.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Fortunately, we have a few more sessions to go. Unfortunately, I don;t know if I can make use of these sessions to improve. My fireworks are getting from bad to worse. Damn. Here I apologise to the team that put up today's display. My shots do you huge discredit.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?