<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 14, 2005

It's all in the Kidneys

These few days have been abuzz with the scandals of NKF.

Basically, I feel that NKF has brought it upon themselves, as they had not disclosed certain finacial information when requested by the public. As such when shit hits the fan (as it did now) it spreads even further. I'll not bore you guys with the details of the scandal, I am sure you all know the details by now, and if for some reason you do not know..... gawd you need to mov out of that cave you call a home.

At least NKF was smart enough to drop the libel suit. Damage was done, but this is damage control. Fighting against Darvinder Singh? uh huh uh huh... riighhtttttt. Right now, NKF will have to focus their efforts into improving their image, almost everyone I talked to today with regards to NKF has expressed that they will no longer donate to NKF. I believe one of my friends will still donate, but I say, to each his own.

I cannot force people to stop donating, as it is in a way, inethical, but I really do feel stupid that I was once asking people to donate to NKF cos they received no Government funding.

Their administrative policies are now key items of discussion. How have they arrived at the decisions that they have made... blah blah. However, one of the more important things to consider.. how is aid detrmined? How is a patient assessed for eligibility to receive aid? And to what amount? How do we know that patient is REALLY entitled to that amount of aid, and whether a NEEDIER patient was not left out? We don't know this anymore, as there has been a breach of trust. Once trust is lost, how easy do you think it is to get it back?

*Declaration: The following is hearsay* I was told of how this person had to sell his home to pay for dialysis. His brother also had to sell his home to pay for his dialysis. To top it off, even after all that, NKF refused to give them aid.

On the other hand, I was also told of someone who has received aid from NKF. This person only pays a few hundred dollars a month for her dialysis. However, her family is fairly well to do (not richbut not suffering till have to sell house and all that)

I do not understand your methods, so I shall subscribe to someone else.

And to all those who keep cying that it is the patients who will suffer.... wake up your idea! NKF has reserves to last another 30 years. Even if this number was not accurate, NKF will not be closing down TOMORROW, even if it stopped receiving donations TODAY. THINK... THINK. The rest of us are not heartless, we just have a brain also.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?