<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 25, 2005

Another Mind Befuddling Charity CEO

When the NKF saga first blew up, people were crying :"Donate to KDF instead!! Donate to Ren CI cos Ming Yi does the stunts!!"

My response :"BAH!"

Why? Numero Uno: Believe or not, I actually like NKF more then KDF. so it's a no go there. Next, I never really liked people performing death defying stunts to get my donation, so why would Ming Yi doing the stunts be any different? I said it before and I say it again, DO NOT belittle my donation dollar.

Now today, I see this link posted on SPUG "What other charity bosses earn -here and abroad"
Interesting, no? Ming Yi is paid $15000 a month. That's $180000 a year. He does not get bonuses or perks though. The first thought that came to my mind is, why would Ming Yi need $15000 a month? Isn't he a monk?

Now, let's get the top dollar for top talent argument out of the way. I agree that we need to pay top dollar for top talent. My main gripe with NKF was for their policy of Non-disclosure. However, I do not think this is an issue of getting top talent. After all, are Buddhist monks not subscribers of the 四大皆空 tenets (
translation: basically means living a simple and frugal life - at least in MY dictionary)? Or has the modern definition of 四大皆空 changed so much that $15000 a month is also considered 空?After all, $180000 a year is only 30% of a peanut, right?

Of course there will be those who support by saying that he probably donates all that money. So? He is donating money that perhaps he would not have gotten otherwise, accruing credit via others efforts. Oooh.... I sound so blasphemous... no?

Another question raised by a SPUGGER : Who sponsored Ming Yi's Master's in Healthcare Management? Will await the answer to this.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?