<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Homeward Bound
(Backdated post from Singapore)

Ah... our last day in Hong Kong. Today we will pick up our preordered pastries and do any last minute shopping before heading home. We ended up having a dimsum breakfast and I was absolutely infatuated with this dish called Teochew Glutinous Rice Rolls. Incredibly delicious (ok so I am a nut for glutinous rice) I was sad cos I have never seen it in Singapore and I would miss it if I can't find it back home.

Waltzed back to the hotel and collected our pastry orders along the way. We were somewhat late for the bus (hey hey hey 5 girls in Hong Kong, what do you expect???), rushed to do the checkout and boarded the bus. The bus driver was not pleased with having to wait for us, but heck it if I care at this point in time.

However there is this sign on the bus that I feel EVERYONE should see.
Gotcha!

We reached the airport rather early so we had could check in at leisure and shop a bit. However... we had a very very very very long walk to our boarding gate! We walked for near 30 minutes before we reached it. No wonder I saw buggies available at HKD40 and I was wondering why. There may even be free transport as I had seen a sign pointing down an escalator that said it led to our gates, but we chose to stay on the level..... and walk... and so I will not know unless I go to Hong Kong again. Anyway whoever said that the Hong Kong International Airport is well designed, is probably nuts. Maybe it looks nice... but distance within the airport is ridiculous.

Uneventful trip back home except my friend had an eye on someone on the flight... *giggles*. Ah.... home. There's no place like home..............

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?