<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Final Farewell

I went to Istana today to attend the State Funeral of Mr Wee Kim Wee. Well, I guess you could say attend. Basically, you start lining up in front of Plaza Singapura, and wait in line to go through a security check at the Istana. After you clear the Istana Security Check, you get in line for a shuttle service ride to the main building itself. Then you get in line to sign in a guest book. I left a message "Dearly Missed. Be at Peace". Afterwhich, you get in line to view Mr Wee, who was in the State Room, and pay your last respects to him. I did not see his full face, just the side of his face featuring his closed eye and nose, though I was positioned near to his head. Well, I didn't really want to see his face anyway,... I just wanted to go and pay my last respects. Though after my mum said that she saw his face (she said that he was the nicest looking embalmed person she ever saw). I kinda regretted not taking the opportunity to see him properly. Following that, you leave the State Room and hop onto a shuttle service to leave the Istana.

While I was waiting outside, I SMS'ed my friend "Guess where I am"

Amazingly, she got it right. What's more, she was also in the queue. She was further up front and she had brought a bouquet of white lilies which she placed just outside the Istana, along the wall. I was disappointed that I did not bring any flowers, but... er... well... er.... I DID go home straight from work and go down to Istana... er.. that counts for something?? ... Yes?? >.<; Oh well.

Peace,
Moi

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?