<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 13, 2005

Dun Pray Pray!!!
(Note: This is a backdated post from Singapore)

Woke up at.... uh..... 0715ish?? Washed up and prepared to go to Wong Tai Sin Temple!! Hehehe!! Mode of transport will be via the MTR. I'm rather excited as this will be my first MTR ride. I like how they have route map with lights to indicate the direction and the station that the train is at. They also have announcements in 3 languages, which are obviously... Cantonese, Mandarin and English.

On the way to the MTR.... we see the iconic electric buses (not sure what they actually call them in Hong Kong... but I hope you get my drift....) so I HAD to take a picture.....
Elektrik Bus

Reached Wong Tai Sin... and I tell you.. this place is amazing. They have Wong Tai Sin Estate, Wong Tai Sin MTR, I think Wong Tai Sin Road..... and....

Saintly Shopping
Wong Tai Sin Shopping Centre.... >.<; Talk about fervent adoration..... Anyways, we get a very kind.. uhm... policeman? or some security types ( I can't recognise their Police yet) we explained about Wong Tai Sin Temple. He explained (in cantonese naturally) that Wong Tai Sin Temple was in the compound of Sik Sik Yuen, which actually housed a number of other Taoist Temples and is considered a Taoist Sanctuary in Hong Kong. He also suggested going up the nearby shopping centre to get a bird's eye view of the compound. Entrance to Sik Sik YuenMain entrance of Wong Tai Sin TempleGetting Closer to Wong Tai Sin
The Shrine proper
Ah Ha! Proof that I am at Wong Tai Sin TempleAn activity you MUST do at Wong Tai Sin.. but I didn't cos I was a coward.

Wah.... after all that praying... our next stop is Ocean Park. Basically it's a marine coservation park which is open to public.. has some neat amusement rides. I didn't take the rides though. The entrance ticket to Ocean Park is like HK16o or something like that.... NOT cheap at all. However it was worth it as Ocean Park will be closed for renovations lasting 3 years soon.
Ocean Conservation at Ocean Park

Also Ocean Park is divided into 2 parts (headlands and lowlands), you can get to and fro via free cable car serviices provided. Mind you it's not for the faint of heart!

Pretty normal looking eh?The view is getting greatNow try and beat THIS view!!!

Spent a few hours in Ocean park... looking at the Seals.. Sea Lions.... the Seal and Dolphin show.

After that, grabbed a bus, went back to city and headed off to Victoria Peak. It was so misty on Victoria Peak that I couldn't get any good nigt shots of the Island.... I was so disappointed. Spent some time messing around there... had dinner... headed back to hotel...... yakked in hotel..... zzzzzzzzz

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?