<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Kuala Lumpur in 2 Days

Just had a jaunt over to KL. I went over to attend the Inaugural Scientific Meeting for the Asia Hyperbaric and Diving Medicine Association. Paid my own way.

Anyways, we started our way up on Friday morning 0730 on First Coach, costs 50SGD round trip. It sets off from Novena Square and tickets can be bought at Global Holidays located in Novena Square. We were given a bottle of mineral water and a snack pack of Oreos . I had prepared a book and gameboy (FF!) to entertain myself on the way, but I had conveniently forgotten to charge my gameboy. Fortunately, they played some pretty good movies, The Replacements, followed by Stephen Chow's Qian Wang Zhi Wang 2000.

Reached KL at about 1300 and checked into Hotel Armada. It's a 4 star hotel and it's pretty good. I paid RM149.50 for the night. Only thing is, they dun provide toothbrush and toothpaste. They also had a slightly lower maintainence requirement for the shower stall at least. You could see the water stains on the glass walls of the shower stall. I have also learnt to request for a non smoking room the next time I stay in a hotel. I could smell cigarette smoke from the previous occupant(s) the whole time.

I had no opinion on how to spend the time in KL, so basically followed other's ideas. Spent the rest of the day hopping from shopping centre to shopping centre. First we went to City Square in Ampang Park. Beats me what the heck is there. Then we hopped over to Petronas Towers. Went to the shopping center there. Last we went to Petaling Street (Chinatown) where they had very cheap stuff. However, I only bought a packet of Ding Ding Tang (malt sweets). We could have gone to KL Tower, but we were told that you could only go with appointment or something like that (2 of us who were not attending the conference actually made it up the tower the next day with no problems. Oh well). I nearly bought a backpack, but did not. I need a backpack for my HK trip.

Needless to say, we went to the conference the next day. It's all interesting stuff, but regretably, I was feeling sleepy after lunch (Oops!). We then caught the 1830 coach back to Singapore. Yes, We cut classes. The ride back had a movie of The Mask that I never knew existed. I always thought The Mask was Jim Carrey. No Oreos either. I had cream crackers. Also, our rest stop was at this place where the wash room was flooded and the tap water was brown, quite a contrast from our rest stop on the way to KL. That rest stop had a much bigger wash room, with more cubicles, soap, clear looking water. It also had a convenience store, eatery and KFC!!! I was quite upset that I did not notice the KFC until my colleague brought it up the coach. Dang.

Anyway, we reached Singapore at about 2300hrs and I swear the air just smelled absolutely delightful! Got home and crashed ^^

Probably gonna go back to catch the sights that I missed

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?