<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 04, 2004

This week on Singapore Idol

Only 5 contestants left at this stage in the competition. Who will make
it all the way? Tonight, everyone gets to perform 2 songs. The theme for
tonight was R&B and Soul. My first thought when I saw this was, Taufik's
gonna shine shine shine!!

Below are my thoughts on the various Idol contenders. Opinions are my
own only.

*Taufik
*This is really his night, Prince of R&B / Soul is Taufik! He pulled off
2 great performances, and looked really comfortable all the time. This
is after several weeks of consistent performances across various genres.
What can I say? Taufik, You're da man! Well, at least for this week. Oh
yes, and I must say you've got a new convert this week! One of my
friends who's always screaming for sylvester is impressed by you man!

*Daphne*
Last week I mentioned that she had almost gotten out of the Mickey Mouse
Club, but now, her pitchy voice is back again. Not as bad as before, but
still.... I know what the judges say about her voice being unique and
all that, but hey, I just don't dig it, ok? Not to mention the fact that
the judges also commented on her pitchy voice and that her uniqueness
may become her downfall.

*Sylvester*
Not as bad as I imagined, so in my opinion, it was pretty good. I
imagined him doing a rock version of R&B and Soul. (Alright, alright, I
discriminate) Well, the performance was not that rock biased, but felt
it was pretty flat. He was flat last week too, but apparently the judges
loved that. Oh well.

*Leandra*
Hmm... She wowed the judges this week. She wowed some of my friends this
week too. Most comments were on her second song, which most said she did
very well. Will she come back next week? Got to check in tomorrow yeah?

*Olinda*
Oh. Olinda again. Yup. That's it. Powerful voice. Flair for performance.
I ain't got nothing much to say cos she ain't got anything new to talk
about.

That's it in a nutshell.

I hesitate to predict the results, cos I alway predict the wrong
results. Anyway been hearing word that tomorrow may be a contest between
Leandra and Sylvester. Who knows? See you guys tomorrow night!

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?