<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 11, 2004

I really do not see the point of doing a show full of dangerous stunts just to raise funds. I don't deny that I enjoy watching stunts, but I fail to see the point of stunts being performed year after year. In fact it has become the prescribed programme for each NKF Charity Show.

Is it that without all these stunts, there will be very little donations? However, we cannot blame them for putting up such shows every year. After all, we have been donating to the show, and like they say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Therefore, the show programmers would carry on doing the show the same way every year. I think that a major change can only be effected should there come a day when people refuse to donate on grounds that the stunts ae too dangerous. However, that will not happen.

Even amidst all the bad press, they have managed to get 6 million dollars in donations during the show.
A bit of background on the recent NKF scandal. NKF (National Kidney Foundation) was revealed to have 189 million dollars in reserves. This amount is sufficient for their fundings for the next 3 years. While I do agree that they should have money in reserves and should attempt to raise more money in case of a rainy day, I also feel that they should be more transparent with their funds. After all, this is money from the public that we are talking about here. I would like to know that the money I have contributed has gone to good use, and not into some fat cat's coffers.

Well, I'll see how they go about clarifying things. Till then, I got some other charity to donate to, and I know for a fact that this charity really really needs donations.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?