<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Hmm.. quite a few things have happened since I last updated my Blog.

Most important is the collapse of a part of Nicoll Highway due to construction works along the MRT Circle line. 4 people were missing. Till date they have found 3 bodies, the last guy is unlocatable. The search has been abandoned due to treacherous search conditions. Apparently, this last unfound guy had been helping people to escape from the site, and on his last trip in to rescue more people, he simply failed to surface again.

Last year, it was the RSS Courageous incident where those of us in the Navy lost 4 of our sisters-in-arms. 3 were found and 1 is missing till date. Strange coincidence isn't it? 4 girls and now 4 guys. In both cases 1 person is missing.

I still remember when Chief of Navy came down and gave us a speech on the RSS Courageous incident. It started to drizzle on all of us who were mustered in the parade square. It was as if the heavens felt sad over our loss too. Personally, I don't really care what happens to the OOW and the OJT on Watch. What's happened has past, I just hope the crew has gotten on well in their life after the incident. I recall how afraid I was to find out who the casualties were. Are my friends in the list? Are my friends on that ship? Well, as things turned out, none of my friends were directly involved, though one of my friends had just been posted out of the ship and she was occupying the bed that the girl who is still missing today was in.

Let the past be remembered, the future awaits.


0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?