Sunday, December 17, 2006
And so.. I shall publish via email. Stupid blogger.
Exasperation is beyond words.
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain (not too high lah but I guess counts)
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive (no license)
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone (probably never)
08. Said “I love you” and meant it
09. Hugged a tree (Might have… hmm)
10. Bungee jumped (Never!)
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea (Idiot, lightning storm stay inside lah)
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game (S-League opening vs
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables (Grown yes, eaten no)
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars (Field
20. Changed a baby’s diaper (unrelated babies)
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment (this is so often)
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking (twas after national day once upon a time)
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day. (only did for short period before so I guess no count)
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states (of
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk (don’t remind me)
42. Had amazing friends (still do, still do…)
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country (talked only once or twice I guess counts?)
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love (Wouldn’t that be everyday?)
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them…
55. Milked a cow (seen only)
56. Alphabetized your CDs (What is this abomination known as alphabetized?)
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke (and broken some glass)
59. Lounged around in bed all day (muhahahaha)
60. Played touch football
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the
67. Started a business (Yeah, tried to sell origami out my window. No buyers though))
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class (I’m telling you, stay clear when I’m pissed)
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight (who plays D&D when one has FF!!)
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch (I don’t use scratch though)
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in
80. Gotten a tattoo…(Henna only leh)
81. Rafted the
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to
86. Recorded music (As part of School Chinese Orchestra counts?)
87. Eaten shark
88. Kissed on the first date
89. Gone to
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship (Been on almost any ship BUT a cruise)
94. Spoken more than one language fluently (and still do)
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane (On Student License)
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart (Probably due to insults)
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a radio show…
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol (machine gun?)
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours (Best was over 24 but not sure if over 30)
123. Visited more foreign countries than
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days (with breaks in between)
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi (no raw fish though)
128. Had your picture in the newspaper (I looked like an idiot)
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Touched a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey (maybe someday)
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions (I went to one when the school building was gonna be torn down.)
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident
150. Saved someone’s life (I’d like to think so, probably a couple of them but not solely due to me of course)
I may get desperate enough to actually do that though. Or I may just create a new blog and then start over there. Tolerance has it's limits. Why does this lame problem have to happen on my blog. Grrrr.
I never blogged via email because the formatting turns out nasty. Though if that solves the problem... well..... wouldn't that be great?
At the moment I am still trying to see if the Blogger help group may possibly cough up some answers for my problem. Really no clue as to why this thing happens, I just want it to be solved.......
Also on the plans are a possible book review blog and maybe some other stuff. If I finally get around to moving my behind around more I may also document them on another blog. I guess it may be nice to keep things separate rather then lump them all into one blog (which doesn't allow me to post much anyway!)
The next challenge is to see when I get them done lol.
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Did you know that the region where people speak Teochew is actually situated in Guang Dong Province (广东省)?
So technically Teochew can also be considered 广东话.
End of another useless bit of tidbit for the day.
Read Atlas in your free time. It can give you lots of information which you wouldn't use for a hundred years.
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Been doing quite a bit of reading recently. I used to read a lot while in school, but I've lost the habit over the years. I'm currently going a bit gaga over discount books and have bid for a number of books over Yahoo Auctions. 1 has arrived and I'm plenty happy over it, still waiting for the other 3 though.
The last book I read The Vorpal Blade by Colin Forbes was a minor bummer after The Cassandra Compact by Robert Ludlum. Also toying with the idea of putting up a separate book review blog. At least I will get to write more words in that blog rather than the un-fixable word limit in this one!
Friday, December 01, 2006
So, I had signed up for the Olympus Experience in which I was to be able to get hands on experience on a Olympus DSLR for a few hours with a pro photog to guide.
I had just received an email from Olympus on 29th November:
Thank you for your interest in Olympus Camera!!!.
We have received your registration.
Due to overwhelmed response.
Regretted to inform that you have not been selected for this round.
There will be another selection in January & February 2007.
Will keep you posted.
Thank you & best regards.
Well, I didn't pay too much attention to the mail except the godawful grammar.
What Dear Sir... Overwhelmed response... regretted to inform you. Can we make sure every line is a complete sentence? Are paragraphs out of fashion?
Then I read a reply commenting on how we should have been informed earlier if we were not selected, then I was like, hmm, I'm getting responses from other people? Still I didn't pay it much heed.... until someone else mailed another reply:
i am more concern about the fact that Olympus does not even bother about confidentiality of all participants and mass mail out to everyone like this.
And my friend also noted that. This was getting to be a minor annoyance.... until today when I received:
Thank you for your interest in The Olympus E-xperience!
In our earlier reply, we had inadvertently displayed your email address in the "To" section instead of "Bcc".We deeply regret this administrative oversight which may have caused any inconvenience to you. We would like to assure you that we are treating the matter seriously. Your confidentiality is of importance to us and it is not our usual practice to mass mail.
Rest assured that Olympus values the privacy and security of all our customers and the public alike, and we will closely monitor the system to further tighten our procedures.
Once again, thank you for your interest in The Olympus E-xperience and we hope to receive your continued support.
What's up with the different coloured font in the mail? My friend mentioned it was probably forwarded and edited... Kao, can't you be a little (not much lah.. little bit can or not?) more professional?? I'm not convinced you are treating the matter seriously if you can't even bother to perform a 'select all' and choose to put them all in the same font and colour!
Anyway, I'm proud to say that I'm a Nikonian. Looks like a conversion is not anywhere near after this fiasco.